The Nutrition Clinic for Digestive Health began in January 2012 as Balance Fitness and Nutrition. The business was built on a dream for a life of freedom and purpose. This dream was fueled by Jenny Askew’s Honda Accord, endless energy, and determination.
Jenny began building the company while working full-time at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She managed to fit in clients before work, after work, and even on Saturdays. Jenny drove all around the Atlanta area, seeing clients in their homes.
As she worked with clients, it became clear that health is about more than calories and exercise. Jenny discovered how much diet quality matters and how integral real food is to health. She became fascinated with the ability of food to solve health problems for so many of her clients. She then decided to pursue training in Integrative and Functional Medical Nutrition Therapy.
During this time, her clientele began to build, and her husband began to miss her (after all, she was never home). It became clear that it was time to dive into her private practice full-time. In July of 2014, Jenny made the jump and opened a full-time office in Alpharetta, Georgia. The company has been going strong ever since and continues to grow and develop more each year.
In August of 2017, Jenny and her husband had their first child. Jenny hired dietitians (former interns she trusted and dearly loved) to keep things running while she was on maternity leave. Upon returning from leave, Jenny decided to keep the dietitians who were covering for her on staff. This allowed for a better work-life balance and further growth of the company.
You can learn more about Jenny by clicking here.
Meet our team of registered dietitians
We’re honored that you’re considering working with us! Here are a few things about our practice and team that make us really proud.
- Everyone on staff is a registered and licensed dietitian. Together, we’ve got over 30 years of combined experience working in the wellness industry!
- We use a team approach for improved outcomes. We have multiple dietitians on staff, each bringing different specialties to the table. We meet each week as a team to consult on client cases, so even though you will be working with just one of us, you get the benefit of multiple dietitians working on your case.
- After completing traditional dietetics education, we’ve all pursued additional training in integrative and functional nutrition. Whether working with an individual or consulting for a large corporation, we’re passionate about utilizing the principles of functional nutrition to help our clients achieve optimal wellness.
- We’ve got relationships with an extensive network of healthcare practitioners. We’re well-established in the Atlanta area and have a close network of physicians, therapists, and dentists we work with regularly. This is really nice for clients needing referrals for labs or additional consulting on cases.
- We have the most extensive experience using LEAP/MRT food sensitivity testing in the Atlanta area. Since we started using this testing in 2013, we’ve changed the lives of hundreds of people.
- Our virtual capabilities allow us to work with just about anyone. Both in-office and virtual appointments are available.